Friday, May 15, 2015

Race Day 2: How Did This Happen?!

Everyone who reads this blog knows how much I detest running. For real though, the struggle. Last year I wrote about how the only good thing running has to offer was is participating in races. Still true! It was my second annual 5/3 River Bank Run and my first official 10K. 

Just putting it out there, I crushed it! OK not really but I definitely did better than I expected. My training this year has been really abismal. I haven't had the time, but that also effects my motivation which has been decreasing steadily. My running buddy and her dad is for real the only reason I came out of this with any kind of dignity left. We agreed ahead of time (due to lack of training) that she would help me find my pace and I would push her to keep going. It worked, way better than either of us thought it would. We both ran not just one mile with out stopping for the first time, but kept going and got 2 miles with out stopping in! We also finished way ahead of what either of us thought we would, our guesses were 1:16:00 and 1:14:00 (look below for actual results). I of course finished to the Olympic Fanfare but this year it meant so much more! Why you might be wondering? Well this is the first year that the 25K distance of the River Bank Run is an Olympic qualifying race. Ready for some Jenn Logic?? This means I participated in an Olympic event, which means I am now an Olympian, and I recieved a pin which I put on a ribbon making it a medal, which therefore means I am an Olympic Medalist!!!!




Lastly I would like to tell you all how proud I am of my mom. I convinced her to walk the 5K, there may have been some peer pressure involved. But she did! And she had a great time, and was such a good sport with infectious enthusiasm! She is an Olympian too :)


Distance: 10K
Time: 1:08:08
Best Kilometer: 1st 5:50
Worst Kilometer: 6th 7:00
Weather:66, Raining
# This Wk: 1
Song I Finished To: Olympic Fanfare
Stand Out Thought: Olympians don't quit!

And just because I'm so proud!!



No comments:

Post a Comment