Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer Cirque Part 1

This weekend was not only the first weekend of Mayfaire Renessaince Fair but it was also our first long gig of the summer season. My troupe does a variety of gigs but one of the more entertaining is are the renessaince fairs. At least in my opinion, it is fun to play make believe with people that are just as neurotic as you for a weekend. 
Last year I was an intern with my troupe so it goes with out saying that I learned a lot. This year I'm more "seasoned" but on our first weekend I find myself still learning things. So here you are things I learned at renfaire: 
1. Eye patches drawn on with makeup and glitter are always a good idea! We are pirates in our show I can't believe we didn't think of this before! But it totally works!
2. Some people may be harmless and well intended but will never have good boundaries. I guess it surprises me still when I see it outside if work. 
3. I might be developing fans. That's right, soon I will be renfaire famous!! 
4. Jazz squares! I'm not a dancer so no one ever taught me how to do them. But now I can do them as a back up dancer for singers!
5. Squire Paul hates eye patches. :(
6. Frozen really can be brought into every conversation. Yeah why?
7. There's no such thing as virgin chocolate. 
8. Sylver sometimes accidentally word vomits dirty jokes.
9. It is possible to be all three Rouge Blades at once! 
10. Lastly and most importantly, there can in fact be more than one Saturday in a week!! 

Thanks to my troupe and renfriends for a great weekend! So on this very special Third Saturday I bid you adiue.  


No comments:

Post a Comment